Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Posty Wosty



I am often accused of being a film snob. So be it. But the remake of Dudley Moore's 1981 classic Arthur looks like it will be fantastic. I hate Russel Brand but I can't think of anyone more suited to play the title role, it has been confirmed as of late that Helen Miren is still a fox, Luz Guzman is getting work again (thank God), and the whole ordeal is written by Peter Baynham, the guy who said "Hey, what if you did this?" on the sets of the Borat and BrĂ¼no movies. Only complaint thus far, not nearly enough Burt Bacharach. Oh it will most likely suck, but I'll enjoy myself.

I need to finally start watching the Academy Award nominated films. All I've seen is Toy Story 3. I would like to see all of them before the 27th, but I really don't want to subject myself to 127 Hours, Inception, The Kids are Alright, and The Social Network. Stupid James Cameron basically lobbying for the 10 best picture expansion. I remember the days when I could kill all the nominated pictures in a weekend. I still can but I'd have to destroy whatever I have left that resembles a life.

I am listening to an interview with the Coen Brothers on Fresh Air. I love the fact that they talk about writing as if it just comes to them and it's as simple as that and the fact they laugh every time they talk about A Serious Man (2009). Maybe it's because it's the most personal movie they have made to date but Jesus, what a bummer of a film. Guess it's a mid-western Jew thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment