Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Afternoon with Sooki and Favini

I'm drinking out of Joesph's whiskey set. The stopper was hard to pull off but who knows how long it has been shut. I'm envious of those who have photographs of him right now- the disadvantage of moving is having no photographs of where I came from. I noticed that at Sarah's last night. On the refrigerator, she had a snapshot of John and Betty Ann in an embrace. On the back, in my namesake's soft hand, read "I don't know who these people are."

I'm glad I know my family. I know it's such an odd statement. I am a continuation. I am a continuation of people like Joesph. I am a connection. I am connected to people like Bailey. I am more than myself.

I need a framed picture of Bank Street right underneath my beloved American flag.

I am a citizen of the United States and I play the guitar. My name is Stanton.

No comments:

Post a Comment