Saturday, January 22, 2011

In the Summer of '52

I don't think much of Shutter Island but me watching Shutter Island feels like a Bob Dylan song.

Last night I watched film
And in it was Leo DeCaprio
I don't remember what it was about
But he was a US Marshal down on his luck
I didn't know him then but I knew two others
One was a man who wrote for the papers
The other a runaway boy
An SS officer and a prison guard
asked me what I thought
I said "It was a good film but not a great film,
I walked out on it even in my living room."
The prison guard smiled
As the SS man twiddled his thumbs
I blew my nose and finished my beer
And thanked them for the meal
As I walk home I think about Leo DiCaprio and his kids
I knew they wern't his real kids
But they'd be lucky if they were

No comments:

Post a Comment