Monday, April 4, 2011

While You Were Art I

What a wonderfully unproductive semester.

Well, that's a bit hyperbolic. Unproductive as in no actual finished products. Last night's filming of Slip Conway completely fell through. Thankfully the cast is still on board with doing it so it'll be rescheduled soon.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have my first video of 2011 done. It's called Ballet for Audio Tape. It's another exploration of romantic reductionism. I'm going to condense several albums into three brief movements (the emotional essentials of the records) on a cassette tape. My dancer will then try to move to this new sound and I'll take the footage and try editing that to the cassette. It's a very bizarre process and it's hard to describe.

In anticipation of this project (and do act as a prequel), I'm going to upload my Introduction to Romantic Reductionism on my Vimeo site. It's so much fun to have an -ism. He filled his head with notions, seemingly.

Oh man, I'm sitting in the library, looking over the Fenway, and I see the tests of the new HD jumbo-screens at Fenway Park. Unnecessary? Yes. Crystal clear in the rain and half a mile away? Yes. I'm actually in awe of the quality.

Man, the city looks cooler in the rain whilst listening to Miles Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment