Saturday, April 16, 2011

RSD11




This has been the most chaotic Record Store Day to date. Newbury Comics in Harvard Square was a MADHOUSE since it was also Harvard University's accepted students day I think. The exclusive releases weren't even remotely organized and anything I toyed with the idea of getting was gone. HOWEVER, did get a copy of Smiley Smile AND Incesticide! Thanks to the discount, it was like buying one higher end record.

Then we cramped ourselves into Planet Records and In Your Ear- neither of which I have ever been too. Both were just as cramped. Planet was cramped with people, In Your Ear was just cramped with records. Got a '90s Boston grunge compilation called Where's Stanton Park? I giggled. ALSO got a RUSSIAN copy of Paul McCartney's Flowers in the Dirt- a very important album from my childhood. The jacket and cover are so oddly soft, it's like the record is wrapped in cloth. Oh Russians.

Good haul. Now I'm broke. No more records until Okkervil's new disc and even then, I can just wait until my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment