Friday, April 8, 2011

Right in the Beans

On one level, Ballet for Tape Music (new title) is done. I videotaped it. I edited it. Exporting is another story. I want to bounce it BACK to videotape then re-upload it to the computer for a QT file. The finished product will be both a physical tape and a QT file.

Sadly, that's not as easy as Joe made it sound last night. Especially when you're working with patch bays that date back to the 1980s and a computer that's obnoxiously up-to-date. Today, I went back to the school to work on it but the studio was all tied up trying to show off for Accepted Students Day. I think the last thing parents want to see is a hung over video artist, wearing a "Disco Sucks" t-shirt, cursing at a VHS deck. Hey, kids gotta learn the reality about art school some day.

Speaking of, I love Accepted Students Day. It's the day that art kid stereotypes shine. The goth girls who have probably screamed "No Mom! I'm going to ART SCHOOL" a lot in the past few days. The dorks who wear blazers over ironic t-shirts...oh wait...that one hits too close to home. Suddenly this bit isn't funny anymore.

Today is also opening day at Fenway- one of my favorite sporting events of the year. In fact, let's look at my top five sporting events-

1. Souper Bowl
2. Opening Day at Fenway
3. Wrestlemania
4. Kentucky Derby
5. Ultimate Fighter Finale

The city is humming. The Blue Angels set off car alarms all across the hill. The cheers from Pedroya's home run could be heard allllll the way back at 774. That being said, I hate baseball. So many games, so few well-payed players giving a shit.

Let's talk hawkey. Boston/Montreal. Washington/NYR. Vancouver/Chicago. These first round games aren't even fair. So yeah, I'll enjoy this Sox game today, but tomorrow, my stick is back on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment