Thursday, April 7, 2011

Record Store Day POA



This year's Record Store Day seems to have the least amount of exciting official releases compared to the past two years I've been aware of Hipster's Christmas. These are the only titles I can at least pretend to long for:

The Beach Boys- "Heroes and Villians/Good Vibrations"(double 10"...at 78 rpm? the hell?)
Bob Dylan- Live at Brandeis 1963 (may be worth checking out...at least as a bootleg)
Daft Punk- Tron Legacy (picture disc...alright, I'm listening)
Jenny and Johnny/Gram Parsons split
Kate Bush- Hounds of Love (pink 10")
Nivana- Hormoaning (since it's hard to find a copy of Incesticide at a reasonable price, I really want this)

The split and Hormoaning are givens. Tron will totally depend on how much it is. Two picture discs on a Disney label...things may get stupid.

I really hope some Newbury has the new Okkervil River 7". I'm also seeking a copy of Smiley Smile or Please Please Me. Oh! Or even a copy of Eccentric Soul: The Capsol Label. And maybe this will finally be the year I buy a physical copy of I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.

I'm nerding the fuck out and RSD is still eight days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment