Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Quarter for a Nickle

Do you know the song "Falling for the First Time"? That was Benjamen's favorite song. That was it for him. He felt he lived every line in that damn song. Such a martyr for his art, whatever that was. His art I mean. His poetry was okay but ended up being thinly veiled attacks against me. He felt the world owed him one. God, that damn song. He would turn up the radio and shut his eyes. I couldn't get through to him at all. He was such a martyr for everything. I guess that's what money can buy you. The ability to drop out of school and listen to that damn song all day long. I couldn't stand listening to that song again, I mean that honestly. If I hear that song again, I will shut off my radio.

***

I didn't understand anything. The only thing that seemed significant to me was watching the sun rise through half opened eyes and the frost clinging to the car. The morning was made for soft voices over the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment