Sunday, September 25, 2011

Video is my Substitute for Love

I love my TV. It's a Magnavox with fake wood paneling along the sides. Its special features include a remote control and Mono sound. It's cable ready, too.

My eyes have been glued to this thing for pretty much my entire life. In the winter, we would move it into the living room so we could watch movies while sitting in front of the fire. Dad would hook it up to his nice stereo and I would love that click sound the receiver would make before it would start pumping the sound from our tapes in full dimension stereo. I watched the new millennium arrive on this TV. I've been sick in front of this TV. I've cried in front of this TV. I've got laid in front of this TV.

I'm simply never going to part with it. God forbid it becomes obsolete. I had a scare this morning on Cape when my TV there couldn't receive digital signals anymore even though it's far newer than this Magnavox. If that day comes, I'm going to have someone paint a beautiful portrait on it and make it a permanent video piece.

Right now, Blue Velvet is on it's screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment