Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Race to the End of Summer

I have been deterred from finishing a treatment for my thesis. Thankfully I've been deterred for very good reasons. Driving other people's cars, late night monster movies, wine, laughter, beaches, going to bed early and sleeping late. My days at 774 are numbered. I don't want to think about it until I am a safe distance away.

Tomorrow I'm gonna spend a great deal of time writing. Playing catch-up in school. Making sure my affairs are in order before I move into Autumn.

Most if not all of these albums are fantastic. I highly reccomend Destroyer's Kaputt. It's a very well produced musical fantasy. Post-smooth jazz horns(yes, they made it up), WICKED fucking clean guitars that's reminiscent of The Smiths and Twin Peaks, and arrangements that call back Steely Dan and Dent May. Yup, it's a hell of a combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment