Wednesday, August 10, 2011

081011

The world is so small
How could anybody not look you in the eye
Or wave was you drive by?
The world is such a wonderful place.


I feel naked without my typewriter and tape recorder being within arms reach. Also can’t stand it when my bed isn’t next to a window so I can look outside at the rain. Minor complaints in a sea of things I could bitch about. On the bright side the beer is cold and the Disney VHS tapes haven’t faded at all through these years.

I don’t really have much to say. I just felt like creating something.

I read some of my old notebooks from as far back as 2003. My handwriting was surprisingly better back then. Content wasn’t great. Did find some of my earliest songs and they were pretty good.

I had a dream the other night where a friend of mine made a video for me. The camera was small and sitting inside an empty fish tank. She slowly filled the tank with water and the camera tried to escape. The tank filled up quickly and the camera looked up at her looking back at the camera. As she pulled the camera out of the tank, I too felt like I just came out from under water. She wiped the water off the camera and I felt hands going through my hair. The video ended abruptly and I searched all over the house I was in for her to thank her. She was no where to be found.

Pre-season is gonna be here soon. After pre-season comes the official start to football season. Then comes autumn and the cold and coats and all the colors of the season. Breaths are shorter. My kind of living. And football sets a wonderful structure around it all. No matter how crummy the week is, there’s two great days to look forward to, and one of them is Monday for Christ’s sake. How great is it to be happy on Mondays?

I can't do long summers. My skin can't take it. Long winters are fine. I can take those any day. Sure I'll dream about the sun and beaches and all those fine things, but can only dig it in bursts. The trip to Nantucket was about all the summer I needed. Cold drinks, warm beaches, that scene. But normal day-to-day in horrible heat? It drives me insane.


No comments:

Post a Comment