Wednesday, June 1, 2011

90 Min to Go

Hockey, specifically the Bruins have always been part of my life. My dad taught me how to skate on the bog behind our house, there was a huge Bruins sticker on my bedroom door, I'd love watching the games on TV with my dad and as a result, I learned how to swear watching those games.

Yes friends, the Bruins in the mid 90s cause much cursing around New England. They haven't known the sweet taste of the finals since I was born...pretty much EXACTLY since I was born. Since I grew up in a place where hockey was important but the team was such a disappointment, the Cup was a mere fantasy to me. My dad would tell me of giants like Bobby Orr and Phil Espisito and the legendary Canadian holy grail steeped in tradition and superstition. It was all bedtime stories.

Tonight, it becomes a reality. Tonight, new stories will be created. Tonight begins a new journey with new giants of the ice. This is something I can be a part of just by living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment