Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why Tonight's Loss Gets Me Down

Sure, tonight's 3-2 loss to Tampa is our first since that awful Vancouver bout. But we've been in a slump since then. We've won, but we haven't played our best. Thomas has let in 11 goals in 3 games. Took is having a tough time too. Horton did step it up tonight with two goals. But we are not looking the way we did in the fall and early winter.

They say we live through our sport teams. I defiantly live through the Bruins, more so than any other team. Their playoff run and subsequent loss in '10 disheartened me but I knew we would be better in '11. And I knew I was gonna be better in '11. And when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, I dedicated myself to being just like them. Dedicated to my work, brave, honest, aggressive, and confident. Every day I try to live like Claude Julien is my boss.

Lately I've been pretty depressed and side-tracked, and so have the Bruins.

But tomorrow will be better. It's the first day of the Spring Semester- a perfect metaphor for new beginnings. So I'll work hard and when I have to perform at work Saturday, the B's will perform Saturday at home against New York. And we'll both get the two points for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment