Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ode To The Box

I didn't make a lot of hullabaloo on this blog when it happened...

but let me reiterate...

I'm so fucking happy I own the Box.

It's bigger than I thought, shinier than I thought, and a lot more re-mastered than I thought.

It's always gonna be right there on my shelf. It's always gonna be cool. It's always gonna show me how to do the Pachuco Stomp or do a Jelly Roll. It's always gonna show me how to play doo-wop progressions in C then go into "Charva." It's always gonna have a Freak Out! that sounds better than the first pressing I bought last week.

It's gonna continually convince me that I live in 1985.

Some guys get notes from their girlfriends saying how they love them and stuff. I'm gonna always have a note from Frank telling me I'm a crazy person but he's thankful for that.

I've gone off the deep end and there's no way I'm swimming to the shallow end.

Fuck relationships, I have the fucking Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment